Saturday, January 10, 2009

Insommia....

I'm bleendin knackered this cold Saturday morning, in fact I hardly slept a wink. The reason? some idiot just down the road had a bleeping burglar alarm going off and on and off and on all sodding night. Why someone didn't do anything about it or knock on their door, or call the Police I'll never know. But then, come to think of it, neither did I! That's the thing isn't it: we all expect someone else to do it. The other reason was that, somewhat mysteriously, my central heating was on all night despite the fact that it wasn't turned on (cos obviously I got up three times in the night to check!) If I was David Icke, remember him, I'd probably put this down to the interference of extraterrestrial beings, but I think that it can only be explained by the cold weather; in fact I'm rather hoping that the frost themostat next to the boiler explains it otherwise there'll be an expensive plummer's bill sometime soon. Now I'm not usually a worrier, in fact not even a minor earth tremmor would normally disturb my slumber, but these two annoying things combined meant that I know I have to face the day, and a dinner party this evening on virtually zero sleep. Get the violins out! Actually, if it's quiet in the shop today I may just catch a little shut eye. So if you happen to come to Mr. Books today to take advantage of the amazing sale and I appear to be dead in my chair, give me a nudge to wake me up....

No comments: