Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Tonbridge blog in the Sun newspaper....

I haven't seen the article but apparently the Tonbridge blog posting on Pastor Foxwell's "cure for cancer" was quoted in the Sun a few days ago. In fact a press agency, Kent News and Pictures, based in Maidstone, tried to make contact with me for a comment so the story may have appeared elsewhere. Convieniently I was going away on hols that day so declined the offer. Honestly those leeches in the gutter press will turn anything into a "story." Maybe I'll become hot news like I did when I leaked a letter from the ex Head Teacher of Hildenborough School about her banning children from watching the cult comedy, Little Britain. I was interviewed by the Courier and they put the story on page three and on the main comment page. Then the leeches began sucking the blood out of the story, first came the local radio stations, then the national press wanted a quote and then BBC News SE joined in and camped outside the school one evening. They had asked me to do an interview at home whilst watching TV; I would probably have gone for it for a laugh, but my wife, very sensibly drew the line at that! I think she was right. Still, having worked for the Daily Mirror for years, it was interesting to be on the end of it all. But please not again just yet....

No comments: