Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I know it's raining but....

Something really tickled me this morning on my way to work and made me chuckle out loud. Passers by must have thought me a little crazy in the head! On the side of the swimming pool alongside the river, and nowhere near the High Street, there is a banner sign hanging up which reads something like "Tonbridge Swimming Pool Welcomes the Tour de France" Just one question: WHY? Are the cyclists so used to the wet English weather that they have redirected Le Tour through the open air pool and then along the river and back to the High Street. I'm all for embracing the spirit of the event this weekend but this has gone a little far don't you think? What's that all about council leisure services? That sign, I estimate would have cost you and I (tax payers) in the region of £300 to design and produce and for what?....

No comments: