Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I've injured my back playing rugby at Twickenham!...

I really have, I can honestly say that I've picked up a back injury playing rugby at Twickenham Stadium! There is a bit more to it actually; I attended a rugby dinner at Twickenham to watch the World Cup (yes I know it was being played in Paris) We lost by the way! After the final whistle, when all the England fans were feeling frustrated and a little cheated some of us went for some fresh air and inevitably someone had an oval shaped ball which we naturally had to start passing and kicking around. Yes I'd had one or two too many glasses of wine before you ask! To cut a long story short I had a collision with one of the South African prop forwards who had taken on the shape of one of the turnstiles at the east side of the stadium. The result has been a very sore back and restlessness for the last five nights. Was it worth it? Of course not! Can I promise I'll never do it again? Of course not! So there you are, I can genuinely claim to have been injured playing rugby at Twickenham....

No comments: