Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Think positive....

Some old biddy had a pop at me during the West Kent Book Fair, which was held at Sunday at Tonbridge School. "You should have let people know about the roadworks, I've come all the way from Maidstone and just had to walk from the railway station because the buses couldn't get through the town," she bellowed across the room for all to hear, as she shook off her coat and brolley (it was raining, which I'm sure didn't help her mood any.) "But what could I do? I can't help the..." I muttered back to her as she cut across me with "It's disgraceful, you should let people know about this!" Firstly, even if I had known that the whole town centre would be closed down for the day on Sunday, and maybe I should have done, would I have put in the advertisements in the local press "The West Kent Book Fair, I shouldn't bother to come if I were you because it's going to be a right pain getting there and it's likely to be pissing down this weekend, so stop at home with a nice cup of bovril" now would I? Anyway such are the joys of organising these events. As my wife said to me I should take the positives out of this experience and think that the book fair was firstly known about in Maidstone, and secondly, an old lady with no car had bothered to come out on a horrendously rainy day to go to my book fair. Now that's what I call positive thinking....

No comments: