Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Tonbridge twirlers strike again....

I've just come back from watching the Tonbridge carnival procession and I have to admit the prospect of watching those Tonbridge twirlers in action yet again when nursing a rare hang over was not one I was particularly relishing. What I saw though cheered me up no end. The sun was shining, the whole town seemed to be in the street and in the mood for a carnival. No Kelly Holmes this time (she did put in a surprise appearance last time around) but there were dancers, karate demonstrations, characters from Doctor Who, smiling school children in Edwardian dress, local theatre groups in Dad's Army attire, cars decked out aeroplanes and of course those twirlers!... (For more pictures see photo albums on the left column)

No comments: