Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Enjoy your Crappy Meal and have a nice day!...

My nine year old daughter cracked a good joke yesterday. I decided to give the kids a treat and take them bowling in Tunbridge Wells, (I got 5 strikes but that's another story!) then on the spur of the moment, and because it was lunch time, I thought that I'd treat them to a meal in the Bowlplex restaurant. Well we were there, the pictures made the food look really tasty and it was only a little more expensive than going to the Macdonalds down the road. The pictures turned out to be all lies! The tables were dirty, there weren't enough staff around to ask to clean them, let alone for them to actually clean them, the food took an age to arrive (at least 25 minutes anyway) and when it did, after I'd complained about the lack of service, mine was at best luke warm and tasteless. To cap it all there was no tomato ketchup (in a burger bar for God's sake!!) The mayo was an extra 15p per sachet; allright it's not that much but each excuse for a meal was nearly a fiver anyway. I tried to put a brave face on it so as not to ruin the kid's last day of the Christmas break but it was my daughter's comment which said it all (and made me laugh out loud) She said "Dad they should rename these meals, instead of Happy Meal, it should be Crappy Meal!...

No comments: