Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mr. Books reads poetry live on radio....

It's National Poetry Day today as not many people realise. I informed our local radio station, KMFM, of this and they of course had no clue. I contacted them by email mainly to plug the Poetry Night at the Ivy House pub tonight and cheekily offered to read out a poem on air, not thinking for a moment that they would take me up on it. A foolish thought as it turned out. Vanessa Elms, who was the DJ on air at the time, called me up and called my bluff. Half an hour later I was listening to myself being interviewed and reading out my own poem, Multimedia, on the programme. Now that was strange, but thanks for the opportunity Ness (as I believe she prefers to be called). She sort of half promised to turn up tonight and read out some Pam Ayres "A wished I'd looked after me teeth" which would be nice, I might even buy her a pint if she does....

No comments: