Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Broad Beans sleeping in a blankety bed....

This morning I attended the Harvest Festival ceremony at the Parish Church; I think I'm going a bit soft in my old age, and I don't mind admitting that I felt unexpectedly emotional about the whole thing. For me that is; I don't mean that I broke down in tears or anything, but I felt a surge of good feeling and perhaps a small tear formed in the corner of my eye, as I listened to and watched the children of Slade Primary School (I maybe ought to point out that my daughter is one of them) sing, dance, hold up signs, letters and banners, read poetry out and teach us all about the inequalities in the world. Mark Brown, the new vicar of the parish, introduced himself before the proceedings and the ever impressive Mrs. Resch, Head Teacher of Slade, ensured smooth progress of events. The plums were certainly ripe and the apples were red, but I'm not sure I saw any broad beans sleeping in a blankety bed!...

No comments: