Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Poetry at the Ivy....

Two words for last nights poetry night at the Ivy House pub: blummin fantastic! After around half a dozen turn out last month there were around 25 to thirty people who had bothered to come out and listen to, read and perform their poems, and some favourites by more famous poets. I had a few too many pints of lager (well it was a hot evening and I need to chill out a little!) but managed to keep stringing my verses together. Poetry groups came from Tunbridge Wells, Penshurst and Sevenoaks, others came from further afield. I hope that everyone had a chance to read their's out if they wanted to and that my wife didn't dominate too much, she likes to do that but that's a different story! (ooh er missus!) It would be god to see just as many next time, and a few new faces, on Thursday September 6th and then on the first thursday of each month....

No comments: